According to Irish Independent Business Newsletter, More Irish go online using mobile devices than EU average - Irish results also show higher figures for shopping online, and researching online and purchasing offline.
Irish people are also more likely to access the Internet using mobile devices with 32% of users in Ireland and 21% in the EU using smartphones to go online.
The Irish also index higher for shopping online (97% Ireland – 87% EU) and for ROPO - Researching online and shopping offline (88% Ireland – 79% EU)
Key findings for Mediascope in Ireland are:
A higher percentage of Irish are online in comparison to the EU average:
- 80% of all Irish are online (2.9m people),compared to EU average of 65%
- Irish Internet users spend on average 13.5 hrs online per week
Specifically in Ireland, but also across Europe, Mediascope shows that the Internet is increasingly becoming the channel of choice for consumption of other media – TV, radio, newspapers.
- 81% of Irish Internet users watch TV online (EU 73%)
- 66% of Irish Internet users listen to the radio online (EU 67%)
- 89% of Irish Internet users read news online (EU 91%)